peering charges?

Jun Wu (John) jun at wolfox.gsl.net
Mon Jan 27 19:50:36 UTC 1997

===== Jeff Young previously wrote: ====

> if internetMCI decides that we should or should not peer with
> another network the decision is made purely on traffic flows.
> if coast to coast traffic moves over our network twice between
> ourselves and the peer, that's not a peer.  if the peer has a
> number of nap connections and a ds3 ld packet network, that's a peer.

Definitely 100% agree. Now think further, a global network with local
peers all over the place... hmm... how much international bandwidth
that might cost?

> the practice that you refer to as 'unwise' keeps us from losing
> our shirts in an already-too-competitive marketplace.

Underware as well if you think globally.

Jun
--
Jun (John) Wu                              | Voice: (703)689-5325
Supervisor - Global IP Systems & Services  | Fax:   (703)478-7852
Global One Communications L.L.C.           | Email: jun at gsl.net
Reston, VA 20196                           | URL:   http://wolfox.gsl.net/jun