peering charges?

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Sun Jan 26 17:08:56 UTC 1997

> >Large ISPs should probably be interested in access to content, without it
> >their users could find the Internet a very boring place.
>
> Not only that.  They are also interested in peer's customer population
> gaining access to content (and ads) published by their own customers.

In other words there is a lot more money to be made by peering openly and
having excellent crossbar-like connectivity through a lot of peering points
than by worrying about ways that peering with you enables your competitors
to sell more circuits.  I have heard that there may be a panel debate on
this subject at the upcoming NANOG meeting.