Suggestion for NANOG Meeting

Eric D. Madison madison at queber.acsi.net
Mon Jan 20 17:05:11 UTC 1997

Ok, Let me put in my two cents worth on this can of worms I just opened.

As a carrier, I know that we should not and can not filter/censor/monitor
any content on our "pipes".  This includes unsolicited emails,
pornography, whatever, but there comes a point where the amount time to
respond these issues that I can not perform the job I am paid to do.   I
have a large network to maintain, I don't have time to worry about issues
except ones that directly effect how I run my network.  But since I am the
contact listed for various networks, RA entries, etc, I always get brought
into the middle of the battle.  So, I am not asking for a meeting to
form policy, I am asking for a meeting to know how other providers are
dealing with this problem without just dropping the emails of angry
recepients into the bit bucket, which is not an solution.

Eric

      Eric D. Madison - Senior Network Engineer -
 ACSI - Advanced Data Services - ATM/IP Backbone Group
   24 Hour NMC/NOC (800)291-7889 Email: noc at acsi.net