Info on MAE-EAST

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Tue Jan 14 22:28:49 UTC 1997

> On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Avi Freedman wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone have any info on if MAE-EAST allows collocation of a 7507 now or
> > > is it still stated that the size has to be about the size of a 7010.
> > >
> > > Please return email direct to tstroup at fibernet.net
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Todd R. Stroup
> > > Fiber Network Solutions, Inc.
> >
> > The 7507 is the same size as the 7010, give or take a few cm, I believe.
> > And unlike Pennsauken, many at MAE-East have full racks available to them.
> > In fact, Netscape has a bunch of purple beasties there (SGIs) last I looked...
>
> Not height wise.. You could fit two 7010s in place of a 7507.  But you
> say one can get as much rack space as needed?  That's all I needed to
> hear.  Thanks.

Sorry about that.  Yes, of course, the 7010 is the same size as the 7505.
Must have had cognitive dissonance.  But yes, *when racks are available*,
it's generally whole-rack-rental from MFS at Gallows.

The other approach is to extend MAE-East to you in the NOVA area by buying
a package which includes a dedicated or shared FDDI port, two Netedges, and
a T3 in between the Netedges.  My guess is that it's 50-50 or maybe 60-40
in favor of the Netedge approach, but collocating is definitely a more stable
way to connect.

Avi