withdrawal propagation (was E.E. Times?)
William Allen Simpson
wsimpson at greendragon.com
Mon Jan 13 17:32:02 UTC 1997
OK, I've read the article, and it's not very good. The author doesn't
understand the terminology.
Never-the-less, this is supposed to be a cooperative operations group,
and we should be doing some operations!
I've looked at the Cisco page, and a search on "BGP, withdrawals" does
not find any mention of the bug fix release. So, I have some pointed
1) What release fixes the problem?
2) Is the release free?
3) Where has Cisco announced the release?
And, bringing the operations closer to home:
4) Has Merit installed the release?
5) Has CICnet installed the release?
6) Has MCI installed the release?
7) Have all the peers at Ameritech NAP installed the release?
Once that is done, Craig will be able to see the effect of the bug fix
at one NAP, and compare with other NAPs during the same time frame.
Then, we will know if it was a Cisco problem....
WSimpson at UMich.edu
Key fingerprint = 17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26 DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32
BSimpson at MorningStar.com
Key fingerprint = 2E 07 23 03 C5 62 70 D3 59 B1 4F 5E 1D C2 C1 A2
More information about the NANOG