Internic registries

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sat Jan 11 21:59:05 UTC 1997

> I was doing some maintanace on some of my domains a few days back and
> decided to update my Internic contact information. Low and behold I found
> that the company field in the whois query was wrong. I did a whois on a
> few other internic handles I know and it looks as if they are wrong as
> well.
>
> I thought at first that maybe someone changed my Internic contact
> registration (which is why I'm sending my PGP key to them right now), but
> the last update time is months ago, and I'm sure I would have noticed it
> before now.
>
> So did Internic's whois server break? Or did their registery get corrupt?

Looks like the registry is corrupt; My contact information is corrupt
now as well, as is my girlfriend's; we've both gotten assigned to
Lobo Net, rather than our proper locations.  I looked up JM2789, but
it's garbled in a different manner.  I wonder if everyone associated
with a particular domain is garbled in the same way?

Anyhow, this really bites.  If the InterNIC wants to charge for
services, they really MUST take better care of the data.

> - --
> Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy
> Web Services, Inc.   : www.wserv.com

Matt Petach (MP59, also check BL223 for another data point)
NetFlight Consulting Services