Domain names for ISP infrastructure links

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Thu Jan 9 01:19:32 UTC 1997

> 4. Are people actually interested in pursuing this formally?  If a spec was
> written would you change your DNS names to conform?

I belong in the group of people that need to change domain names for
router interfaces, (and we have already been flamed, thankyou), so
that's why I brought up the issue on how to name interfaces, so
when chaninging, we don't do something else that is viewed wrong.

> Would you be willing
> to set up a formal registration process with the IANA for 2(or 3) letter
> pop codes to be consistant?

Hello mr US centric.. Airports are three or four letters and they are
not globally unique.

--Peter