It Continues...Sprint Is played the fool...

Joel Gallun joel at wauug.erols.com
Sat Jan 4 22:39:29 UTC 1997

I've been on Sprint's side of this problem before so I'd like to add a
few words to this discussion.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the Sprint people are
neither incompetent or malicious. Once Sprint's operational people
realized that they had a problem on their hands they started to push
the issue up corporate food chain. It could take them weeks before
they are actually able to get the issue in front of someone with
enough authority and interest in solving the problem. Once it reaches
that point it could take several more weeks before the problem is
actually solved. The wheels of large corporations and our legal system
do indeed turn very slowly.

In the case I was involved in I short-circuited the corporate
hierarchy and went right to the legal department. It took them several
weeks to come up with a plan that was legally viable and then 30 days
to execute it. The whole time this was going on we couldn't say
anything to the public.

In the meantime, I believe that is worthwhile to keep the pressure on
Sprint, however some avenues other than operations may prove more
fruitful. Perhaps letters/faxes to Sprint's public relations
department, internet marketing and the President of the company might
have some effect.  It probably wouldn't hurt to let the editor at
InfoWorld (do I have the name right? -- you know, the tabloid that
Metcalf works for) know about this situation.

And black-hole IQ's IP datagrams at your router while you wait for our
legal system to work.

Regards,

Joel Gallun