Non-profit IP Registry

Avi Freedman freedman at netaxs.com
Fri Jan 3 18:56:44 UTC 1997

> As a customer I have no problem paying for /16s so long as you'll give
> me as many as I wish to buy.
> --
> Eliot Lear
> [lear at sgi.com]

That's not what's being talked about - unless the members of the new
entity feel that it should be done, which I seriously doubt.

What *might* happen is that any new ISP with $5k could get an
independent /19 from the registry from day 1 and not have to
play the renumbering game.

Again, it'd depend on what people agreed to - the members, but
also IANA...  The new registry will still be under IANA :)

But for now, it appears that the new registry will be subjecting
people to the same requirements as the old registry...

Avi