BGP and memory size

Robert Craig rcraig at cisco.com
Wed Jan 1 17:37:28 UTC 1997

I hope the smiley face was omitted accidentally!

The bug report was junked (by the way, we don't junk legitimate
bug reports) because the router in question was a 7200 with 32M
of memory taking full routing from several peers.  It simply
didn't have enough memory.  There was no evidence of a memory leak.
Needless to say, if there had been a leak, it would have
had high priority.

The gent who opened the bug report in the first place was
"unfamiliar" with the environment. :-)

Robert.