Big providers use NAT to squeeze little ISPs

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Thu Feb 27 00:42:13 UTC 1997

>   Karl,
>
>   Sometimes I think you work for the Yoyodyne Corporation
>   from some movie or another.
>
>   Tell you what.
>
>   You watch the capitalist system of our country reward
>   companies that utilize new technology to encourage better service.

I happen to like that model.  A lot.

The problem is, lots of people like to slant the playing field so that only
the guys on the top of the money pile can play in the same theatre, and
everyone else is relegated to the bottom.

There are some benefits of size that really are honestly earned.  Then there
are those which are just plain improper (at minimum).

The trick is to differentiate between them.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal