BGP announcements and small providers

Douglas Warren dwarren at Alpha.NetUSA.Net
Wed Feb 26 21:50:57 UTC 1997

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Bradley Dunn wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Lyndon Levesley wrote:
> >  Nameservers are a bit harder to renumber, but that's not too bad.
> When you have hundreds of virtual web sites?

Well, that doesn't matter all that much, I just submitted change of
nameservers for 209 domains yesturday...  Wrote a perl script that
invoked PGP in batchmode and signed them all and sent them off to the
internic, i got another one written that will check hostmasters mail
and erase them from the array when we get the confirm that it was done.
Note, that wasn't renumbering the nameserver, but switching the domain that
the nameserver was in.  But unless I'm mistaken, the nameserver itself
is just a record that can be updated without hurting anything else?

---