FW: Behind the scenes...

Lee Howard lhoward at UU.NET
Mon Feb 24 15:27:23 UTC 1997

The following should be attributed to Jim Fleming:
> I am disappointed to report that the behind the scenes
> Internet of 1997 looks more like a communist/fascist

I personally think it looks more anarcho-feudal.  No
official hierarchy, except volunteers doing what they
can.  Some of them even make money.

> republic than the democratic system in the U.S. that

Uh, no offense, but the U.S. I live in is a republic,
not a democracy.

So, anyway, thanks for a very amusing post.

On a more related note, if I recall correctly, Sprint
has lossened its prefix filtering, but Agis and somebody
else have tightened theirs.  Did we ever get details,
or was I napping that week?

Lee

Lee Howard      	Internet Systems Engineer
(703)208-5231		UUNet High-speed Install
lhoward at uu.net		Do I speak for UUNet? [No]