How to spam nicely?

Vadim Antonov avg at pluris.com
Sat Feb 22 05:59:26 UTC 1997

The recipe for being a "good" bulk mailer is simple -- never
send any bulk mail to people who didn't explicitly ask for it.

But then, that's what you're already doing.  (I'd also add a
specific question on wherer a person wants to receive e-mail
on your product registration form, if you don't have it there
already).

(A usual pitfall is not providing a user with an easy way to
unsubscibe, and catching invalid addresses -- but modern mailing-list
software handles that just fine).

Provide a registration form at your Web site.  Make Web site
interesting and informative.  People will come (my company's
website already logged over 50k hits, though there were no any
other advertisements or PR activity).

Good luck!

--vadim