while i'm on the subject of filtering, here's today's list of spammers

Paul A Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Feb 20 17:56:06 UTC 1997

>> Removing people from the cooperative portion of the Internet works fine.
>
> They'll come on from somewhere else.  You can't block everyone, and
> someone will always be willing to make a buck providing access to these
> people.

And I will, I hope, always be standing by to remove those providers from
my view of the address space.  And I will make my blackhole list available,
free of charge, to anyone else who trusts my judgement in this matter.

You underestimate the power of the light side of the force.

> Again, you can't block everyone.  Why you feel it necessary to impose your
> social mores on the net as a whole is beyond me.

Yes, it is beyond you.  Thanks for pointing that out, it saves me time.