karl and paul, expostulating

Alan Barrett apb at iafrica.com
Thu Feb 20 06:57:29 UTC 1997

Karl Denninger said:
> No argument -- as long as a public root server isn't there.  If it
> wasn't I'd be SUPPORTING your black-hole list.  But it is, and as such
> I'm not.

I understand Karl's position on this.  But I would point out that
there's a long history of public resources (such as root servers) being
installed on parts of the net that have acceptable use policies.  For
example, there used to be root servers that were unable to send packets
to sites that had not agreed to the NSFnet AUP.

--apb (Alan Barrett)