Just got on this thing (perhaps very belatedly) - root server trouble?

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Tue Feb 18 22:32:43 UTC 1997

> From: Karl Denninger  <karl at Mcs.Net>
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:29:33 -0600 (CST)
> > About 30% of the nameservers which supposedly
> > are authoritative for .COM domains are either:
> > 	1)	Non-existant (they don't resolve to an IP address)
> > 	2)	Unreachable
> > or	3)	Don't know what "." is (!)
>
> This might say more about the status of Internet reachability at a
> particular point time and/or from a particular place in the Internet.
>
> This exercise doesn't seem like particularly good science...
>
> -tjs

Give me a break.   If half the network wasn't reachable we wouldn't be in
business.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info at mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal