F means filtered ?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Feb 18 00:02:02 UTC 1997

Jim Fleming writes:
> On Monday, February 17, 1997 2:27 PM, Perry E. Metzger[SMTP:perry at piermont.co
m] wrote:
> @
> @ Jim Fleming writes:
> @ > Someone claimed that they could not access the public
> @ > Root Name Server operated by Paul Vixie and supported
> @ > by the U.S. Government and the National Science Foundation
> @
> @ No one claimed that but you.
>
> Here is the original mail....from matthew kaufman

Creative editing of your original claim that Paul Vixie was
"filtering" access to the name servers.

Of course there are times where you can't reach one nameserver or
another. Connections between any two points on the network are not
100% reliable. How you could twist this into the notion that
Paul Vixie was filtering connections in the network is probably a
question more for your psychiatrist than for you.

Perry