h.root-servers.net broken

Philip J. Nesser II pjnesser at martigny.ai.mit.edu
Fri Feb 14 06:20:31 UTC 1997

Not knowing what actually went on with the name-servers that have gone
haywire today this is only speculation but I wanted to point it out since
it may be a possibility.

There have been a number of very dissatisfied people about the IAHC domain
name debate who have made public treats to enact cyber terrorism.  One of
the items that they specifically have treatened is to try and kill all the
traditional root nameservers so that the public will be forced to use their
alternic nameservers.

I want to make it clear that I am not making any accusations, but just want
to raise the possibility so that those cleaing up won't inadverently loose
possible evidence in case this was a deliberate act.

--->  Phil