Automatic filtering - CISCO, you should think about this...

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Mon Dec 29 11:59:21 UTC 1997

> > cheap for the router to process, this would likely not seriously burden
> > anyone in their direct connections.
> >
> > I'd love to see something like this, and it would reduce the complaint that
> > its "too hard to manage" such things.
>
> How about having "no-auto-inbound-filter" instead, making the default in all
> new versions of IOS be to run this essential level of protection, providing
> a means to turn it off only for those who know they need to turn it off.
It was proposed to CISCO about 1 year ago. But I have head they are doing
something about this (through it's in private talks only).

> --
> Phil Howard | a6b5c8d2 at spam4mer.org suck6it2 at no90ads4.org stop6ads at anyplace.edu
>   phil      | w0x8y2z4 at nowhere5.edu stop5ads at anyplace.org a3b4c7d6 at dumbads3.org
>     at      | ads6suck at spam0mer.net end3ads1 at no95ads2.net stop1ads at noplace2.org
>   milepost  | end5it79 at no2where.net die3spam at s0p0a4m7.net eat05me6 at dumbads3.org
>     dot     | end7ads9 at no52ads9.edu ads5suck at no9place.net stop7074 at lame9ads.edu
>   com       | no9spam1 at lame5ads.org no94ads1 at no96ads0.net stop5ads at nowhere7.net

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)