caching at windmills (i mean exchange points)

Ton Verschuren Ton.Verschuren at surfnet.nl
Tue Dec 2 15:57:37 UTC 1997

k,

I read your proposal an have a question. I assume that your MAE-west
cache will act as a parent for the MW ISP's (otherwise, there's no data
in the cache). That means that all outbound traffic from MW is routed
through your cache, isn't it? That also means that e.g. all
transatlantic traffic will flow through your lines. Or am I missing
something?

For our AMS-IX exchange in Amsterdam I would think that the best thing
we could do is to connect all ISP's top level caches as neighbours,
without a special AMS-IX parent cache. All ISP's connected have their
own transatlantic lines...

Cheers,

Ton Verschuren - Communication Services - SURFnet bv

==> From: k claffy