perf #s for GRF vs 7500 Re: Anyone Deployed Ascend's GRF IP S witch?

Paul Peterson paulp at winterlan.com
Wed Aug 27 08:40:42 UTC 1997

Has anyone compared the figures or have any feelings regarding the Bay
Networks BCN ??

We are considering one over a Cisco 7513/RSP4 or a GRF.

Bay claims to hold the entire Internet routing table in just 4-6MB RAM
per BGP peer (I assume this is after convergence). They say that the
method in which they do this is proprietary. I am just wondering if it
is possible.....

TIA
Paul...