Multiple fiber carriers (was Re: Netrail woes)

Timothy Brown tim at priori.net
Tue Aug 26 17:35:25 UTC 1997

On Tuesday, the 26th of August, J.D. was saying:

> I'll ignore Nathan's defense because IMHO it has no place
> on this list, and get straight to the operational issues.
>
> I'd assume that everybody is currently either already doing
> his or planning to do it RSN.  How can one tell, however,
> whether their carrier is using their own fiber or leasing
> Worldcom's?  Or even if Worldcom has been leasing /theirs/,
> thus putting you right back on the same physical line?

Or putting their fiber right next to Worldcom's on the same
physical route...

My $0.02...

Timothy Brown <tim at priori.net>		voice: +1.650.482.2840
Network Operations			  fax: +1.650.482.2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.			  NOC: +1.888.ISPS.NOC

	"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."