Broadcast ICMP's at Mae East from Nacamar / Nacamar Contact

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 26 15:19:43 UTC 1997

> >(On more than one occasion I have wondered why there is so much
> >non-NA activity on an ostensibly NA specific list.)
>
> I am one of those pests you just can't get rid of, Bill.
	Too right.

> However, to be a sophist for a moment, "North American Network
> Operators' Group" can still include me, since, while the
> network here isn't North American, there is technically a
> North American involved in operating it.  (Heck, a colleague
> of mine is *in* North America richt now, even)

	I think the operative phrase is North American Network...

	Not networks that have north americans on staff or bits and
	pieces of gear on the continent.

> (Quick quiz: where does schnell.ebone.net live?)

	In the hearts and minds of its parents and friends.

> ..so like don't knock the people providing actual content on this list.  --:)

	Not even.  And to that end, I would suggest that folks use the
	respective mailing lists for coordinating activities at exchanges
	and not broadcast to nanog/com-priv email of the form:

	I've lost your email address Sean, can you please contact me?

	mae-east:	mae-east-tech at uunet.uu.net
	mae-west:	mae-west at nsipo.nasa.gov

--
--bill