Netrail woes (was Re: Atlanta-NAP down (fwd))

Joe Shaw jshaw at insync.net
Tue Aug 26 02:34:53 UTC 1997

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Dan Foster wrote:

> Hot Diggety! Nathan Stratton was rumored to have said...
> > Vary much not correct. All of our WORLDCOM circuits have been paid, and
> > never were late. Worldcom terminated our service because NetRail refused
> > to pay over 300K in circuits that NetRail never ordered. We have paid
> > them this amount to get our network back up.
>
> Why does this sound *too* familiar? :)
>
> So...hope this kind of terrorism doesn't strike anyone else. *grumbles
> about _extremely_ sneaky tactics* Wouldn't want to wish it on even my
> worst enemy.
>
> Don't get me wrong - the MFS tech folks are as good as anyone else,
> but it's just their sales and accounting departments that makes me
> *really* nervous.
>
> -Dan Foster
> Internet: dsf at frontiernet.net
> Disclaimers: Details may not be 100% factually correct; it's been a while
> since this happened.

I've found that being quoted in trade magazines talking about the
inadequecies and troubles you experience with UUNet can work wonders, not
to mention get you countless solicitations for bandwidth from other
networks, wanted or not.

Joe Shaw - jshaw at insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
"Learn more, and you will never starve." - Paraphrase of Lee