ICMP Attacks???????

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Fri Aug 22 03:55:57 UTC 1997

[ On Thu, August 21, 1997 at 17:18:24 (-0500), Jon Green wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ICMP Attacks???????
>
> I don't think that's a good idea.  The vast majority of routers that
> I sell to customers are not used in Internet applications, and to add
> another configuration step to enable the router to do what routers
> traditionally do by default would be very confusing to the end user.

Wait just one minute there.

You're saying that Corporate America *relies* on being able to to
IP source address spoofing through the routers it builds its commercial
private networks with?

Please don't say it's so.  Maybe the Internet is *more* secure than the
average corporate network!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>