Packet size data

brett watson bwatson at genuity.net
Tue Aug 12 19:00:04 UTC 1997

> Paul G. Donner wrote:
>
> > What about cflowd?
>
> cflowd would be really useful if netflow worked properly, which at least
> in 11.2(7), it doesn't.  The official Cisco response is:
>
> > Case :H82607
> >
> > There are many issues with netflow switch with 11.2(7)
> > that are still being addressed.  Currently the estimated
> > release for a fix is 11.3.  Please bare with us while
> > this issues are been addressed.

  what problems are you having?  we're running it on a number of
exchange point interfaces and we use:

peer1.sjc1#sh ver
IOS (tm) GS Software (RSP-AJV-M), Version 11.1(11)CA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Synced to mainline version: 11.1(11)

  it's been very stable (we're running this backbone-wide) and it
does support version 5 export.

> Are people generally having any more luck with the 11.1CA images?  It
> would be really nice to get some decent traffic stats.

  yes, no major problems at all and we've been running it for a few
months in most places.

-brett