Packet size data

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Mon Aug 11 18:23:10 UTC 1997

Hi,
	Does anyone have any /recent/ information on the breakdown of packet sizes
crossing the net right now?  I have seen some of the older data, but am
interested in whether or not the percentages are changing over time, and if
so, how.  I.e. I could see people moving from interactive services such as
telnet for reading mail and news to going to a client based system would up
the packet sizes.  Likewise, the use of some of the streaming video and
audio applications out there might lower it again.  In my mind, recent is
anything that has been done in the last 6 months or so.

Justin W. Newton                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect                  fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                    http://www.priori.net
Legislative and Policy Director, ISP/C   http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."