BBN (GTE) Suffers another major power problem.

Matthew F. Ringel mringel at bbnplanet.com
Fri Aug 8 13:40:11 UTC 1997

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Matthew White wrote:

> I can't speak for BBN planet, but the power was out in Cambridge for a 2
> hours.
> Anybody that can survive 2 hours running huge amounts of equipment must
> have their own power grid. :)
>
> Our little UPSes didn't survive...
>
> -Matthew

Um, actually, it was out longer than that.  The power was out from 1730
until roughly 2245, which was when the last of the Cambridge area outside of
MIT got power back. MIT got power back at around ~2345

......living in the People's Republic of Cambridge......
							.....Matthew

M. F. Ringel
Network Analysis
BBN Planet Inc.