Nuclear power for POPs

Tim Gibson tim at taggnet.skyscape.net
Fri Aug 8 20:58:57 UTC 1997

Cooling is not a problem, we have a guy that designed the cooling for the
Candu reactors. Al came up with a cooling unit for a portable high power
laser system for us awhile ago. He's got it down to convection driven
liquid nitrogen with a delta T of over 140 degrees in the size of a pop
can. If you can spare 18" in a regular telco rack in the POP , you could
put 4 - 8 such units in.

Tim Gibson
Skyscape Communications