BBN (GTE) Suffers another major power problem.

Jonah Yokubaitis barron at texas.net
Fri Aug 8 20:59:54 UTC 1997

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Matthew White wrote:

|I can't speak for BBN planet, but the power was out in Cambridge for a 2
|hours.
|Anybody that can survive 2 hours running huge amounts of equipment must
|have their own power grid. :)
|
|Our little UPSes didn't survive...

Any major player in any telecom market that doesn't have at _least_
4hours of battery plant is not worth its salt.

-48VDC setups that are COMMON among carriers should be an absolute
necessity for any large ISP/NSP as well.

BBN not sizing their generator right was another huge mistake. You
have to wonder who is asleep at the switch over there.

Jonah