web CGIs for Bay Networks routers?

Mark Bixby markb at spock.dis.cccd.edu
Wed Aug 6 22:58:59 UTC 1997

Jon Green writes:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 1997 17:14:40 -0700 (PDT), markb at spock.dis.cccd.edu writes:
> >
> >Has anybody written any web CGIs for Bay Networks routers that they'd like to
> >share with me?
> >
> >I'm looking for something that either extracts the data from the SNMP MIB or
> >from the Technician Interface via telnet, simple stuff like displaying the
> >IP routing table, the BGP routes, etc.  Site Manager under MS-Windows is just
> >too slow and painful for doing this routine kind of stuff.....
>

> A simpler way would be to just telnet to the router and type
> 'show ip routes' or 'show bgp routes' (or for a different look,
> 'ip routes' and 'ip bgp routes').  I guess you could try to automate
> that into a CGI script, but what's the point, if speed is what you're
> looking for?

For my personal use, a manual telnet will suffice.  But I also want to provide
certain information to other people without having to give them the telnet
password, so I was wondering if somebody had already done a Bay version of the
Cisco thing at:

	http://nitrous.digex.net/mae/mae-lg.html
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: markb at cccd.edu
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/
District Information Services   1370 Adams Ave, Costa Mesa, CA, USA 92626-5429
Technical Support               +1 714 438-4647
"You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a fish." - tunefs(1M)