Summary of ANTI-spam techniques now available

Dana Hudes dhudes at graphnet.com
Mon Aug 4 16:43:29 UTC 1997

Ehud,
You are pretty unforgiving. Shall we all watch and when you screw
up rush to filter your blocks? Not every provider has a huge
staff with nothing else to do. Even when one dedicates personnel
to it, not everyone has the experienced unix wizards to make it
happen in no time flat.  You might be right to consider blocking
the originators of the spam but then we got hit from a UUNET
dialup port in honolulu among others including a small isp called
cwia not to mention numerous PSI dialups including San Luis
Opisbo.

So go ahead, Ehud, I dare you to block all PSI in 38/8 and the
UUNET dial ports as well.

(And this from huge players who should have implemented filter
rules to prevent their users from doing ip spoofing and from
using mail servers other than UUNET and other authorized
servers).

Given this state of affairs, it seems ludicrous to block someone
like Graphnet .
Hit the 'vanity mail' and 'profit engineering' outfits by all
means. Not companies that are being victimized.

Dana Hudes
Graphnet