An end to spam through Graphnet

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Sat Aug 2 00:28:11 UTC 1997

[ On Fri, August 1, 1997 at 17:10:19 (-0600), John-David Childs wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: An end to spam through Graphnet
>
> I implemented these anti-spam rules on the servers I administrate about
> three months ago.  There was a flood of complaints from people who use
> other dialin services, so I put together a list of the SMTP servers for
> "the big boys"  and also for the local (competing) ISP's in each community
> served (I sysadmin ISP's in three states).  The list is available to the
> customers via web or email.  Since then, no complaints.

AH!  That's a really good idea!  Just help the customer's configure
their mailer to use the particular SMTP server for the dial-up they're
currently on.....  For most purposes this should be more than adequate.
It also opens up a market for a little config wizard that can do this
based on the number dialed!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>