"Which Internet?"

Glynn Stanton glynn at obewan.n-e-t.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 01:40:15 UTC 1997

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> Anyway, I called up their NOC to complain, and when I explained the
> situation I was asked which Internet I was calling about.  Then when I
> asked to be transferred to a supervisor, the "support" person became
> argumentative and didn't want to transfer me.  I had to be rudely
> direct and demand to be transferred before I was put on hold for five
> minutes and then informed that the supervisor was out to dinner.

Advantis is the part of IBM that managed ibm's global network,
when you called you probably got through to first line
support, who deal with "the Internet" , IBM's internal Internetwork,
and an Intranet Offering, Internetwork 1.1

For future reference the term "Opennet" is the phrase to use when trying
to explain who you wish to talk to within Advantis/ibm.

Glynn