NSI SAYS FCC SHOULD ASSUME INTERNET REGISTRATION FUNCTIONS

Jordan Mendelson jordy at snappy.wserv.com
Sun Apr 27 19:49:57 UTC 1997

> > registrations, deletions, management of systems, programming, etc? Now,
> > lets think about this. What happened when InterNIC *first* started
> > providing domain registrations? It was pure hell. Registrations took
> > forever. They went through a few different database formats, software
> > changes all the time, you couldn't get them on the phone, etc etc.
> >
> > It took THIS long to get InterNIC to where they are today, and now we want
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> And where are we today...
>
> Registrations take forever.

Actually, before all this mess with new billing started, I got
registrations done in UNDER a day.

My fastest time was 5 minutes.

> You can't get them on the phone.

Well you could before all this past billing crap started :)

> They delete domains at random claiming they didn't pay.
> They delete domains based on minimal assertions by trademark owners.

[see above]

> > Giving the people only one choice doesn't really prove anything.
> >

> Obviously, you pick A from the two choices above, but that's still
> one of two choices.  I don't see where you get one choice.
>
> I'd certainly welcome additional choices on the above menu.

No you don't understand.

See, unless you have something solid of all the people who AREN'T signing,
you can't figure what the ratio is between the people who want it and the
people who don't.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : www.wserv.com/~jordy/