Ascend GRF400

Bradley J. Passwaters bjp at eng.umd.edu
Sun Apr 27 04:41:34 UTC 1997

<Randolph C. Nicklas said:>
> I've heard the same story as Tony, from Ascend/Netstar folks.
> We run 5 GRF1600s in the vBNS--I have a love/hate relationship
> with them, but they are "maturing" ;)

Actually the product tree looks a little different.

The original Netstar product came in two versions. Both
had a 16 slot chassis with an external RMS control unit.
The difference was in the later version the RMS was
a rack mount unit.  This product is now called the GR II.
The GRF 400 is a 4 slot unit and all of the control function
have been internalized. The GRF 1600 is a 16 slot box
with completely internalized control functions.

Hope that helps.

bjp at eng.umd.edu                        |  Disclaimer:  Can you be sure I even
uunet!eng.umd.edu!istari               |  exist:  Let alone represent anyone
Brad Passwaters (Network Ronin)        |  or anything.
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe.
Here we belong, fighting to survive in a war with the darkest power.
                        Network Manager's Theme Song (QUEEN)