routes to hit 50,000 soon? or filter AS 7007....

davidk at ISI.EDU davidk at ISI.EDU
Fri Apr 25 21:31:13 UTC 1997

Richard,

Richard Almeida writes:

> And, because of the way you get CIDR allocations in Europe (and probably
> everywhere else now)
> 	Join RIPE
> 	Apply for space for your own network
> 	This gets allocated from the beginning of a new /19 CIDR block
> 	Build NOC and 1st POP
> 	Then start applying-for/allocating customer address space
>
> I would imagine a very large proportion of "newer" ISPs have critical stuff
> in the 1st /24 of their 1st allocation ...

I know from the time that I worked at RIPE, that there were at least some
'weird' people that asked if we/they could start assigning from the top
of the /19 ..., and we accepted that. May be they were right after all ;-),

David K.
---