routes to hit 50,000 soon? or filter AS 7007....

Adrian J Bool aid at u-net.net
Fri Apr 25 20:08:51 UTC 1997

On Fri 25 Apr, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> out of 47000 routes from Agis, 7327 of them have 7007 in them.
>
> I spoke to them and they said that thier router broke..
>

> They won't give us an answer, but when I said I was from Net Access, he
> said "nac.net?" like he knew me, and they were vague. They also claimed
> that they had 'turned thier router off', but the routes were still in for
> almost 25 minutes later. Not only that, it seemed mailcious to me,
> because the only announced the /24 of our name servers (207.99.0.0/24)
> and not our whole /17.

Are your nameservers in the first class C of your CIDR block by any
chance???  They have been taking CIDR blocks and squirting out
Class C equivilents.

Sadly, many poeple (including me) think, oooh, nice big CDIR block lets
put all my important boxes in it's first Class C... Seems to be a
very bad descision ;-(

Regards,

aid

--