Mixed analogies - was(Network Solutions Dropped...)

Lee Howard lhoward at UU.NET
Thu Apr 24 20:23:51 UTC 1997

The following should be attributed to Michael Dillon:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Aleph One wrote:
>
> > Networks Solutions seemed more definite. "It is
> > not our intention to share .com or the others [domains] we
> > register," Network Solutions spokesman
> > Christopher Clough said. "Those would obviously [be] assets that
> > we've developed . . . much as Microsoft
> > wouldn't share DOS," its proprietary software.
>
> Perhaps a better analogy would be an OS like BSD which was developped
> partially with NSF funding. Or Linux which also has NSF funded components.
> Of course, those are both being shared ...
> Michael Dillon                   -               Internet & ISP Consulting

If the government of Fairyland decides to let a contractor
maintain the Database of Hypothetical Numbers, who owns the
database?  Does it matter if the contractor allows people to
add Imaginary Numbers and Unreal Numbers?

Lee Howard      	Internet Systems Engineer
(703)208-5231		UUNet High-speed Install
lhoward at uu.net		Do I speak for UUNet? [NO]