Ascend GRF400

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Wed Apr 23 08:06:36 UTC 1997

> At 11:48 4/22/97 -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:
> >
> >We have been trying to get decent units from Ascend.
> >
> >Everything we get from them has some kind of hardware problem (ethernet
> >wise) that flakes out after about 7 days uptime.
> >
> >Email me if you want more specifics.
>
> Unfortunately, that's not suprising from Ascend.

Uhh, I've never had any hardware problems with Ascend and I've been using
their kit for about 3 years now. The only time I had a dead box was because
of a power overload and Ascend shipped me one out from Calif to the UK
within the week.  Maybe what you're connecting to the Ascend is borked?

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.                            D O M I N O
neil at DOMINO.ORG       NetBSD/sparc - 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)