What's going on?

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Thu Apr 17 22:11:04 UTC 1997

On Thu, Apr 17, 1997 at 05:29:17PM -0400, Eric D. Madison wrote:
> What's going on with the Routing Table?  Seems like everyone is melting
> down.  27000 routes flapping?????
>
> What is everyone else seeing??
>
> Eric

>       Eric D. Madison - Senior Network Engineer -
>  ACSI - Advanced Data Services - ATM/IP Backbone Group
>    24 Hour NMC/NOC (800)291-7889 Email: noc at acsi.net

We have ~800 in the history table, and 92 dampened.

That's heavy by normal standards, but not outrageous.

There is no significant contributor; it appears there are a half-dozen sources
which have flapped enough to get withdrawn, but there is no pattern I can
find.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal