Anti-SPAM announcement from AT&T Worldnet

Janet Pippin jdp at cyberramp.net
Fri Apr 11 22:26:05 UTC 1997

Reid:

  This from attworldnet:  (i'm a little behind on nanog mail :P )

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 11:00:39 -0500
From: AT&T WorldNet Postmaster <postmaster at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: SPAM FROM YOUR SITE AGAIN

Thank you for alerting us to the unwanted e-mail you have received.  We have
received complaints from other internet users concerning the same offensive
message; however, the offender is not a WorldNet member.

WorldNet is aware that the origin of the spam you have received did not
emanate from WorldNet; rather, the spammer has used WorldNet as a relay to
inject the junk e-mail into the internet community.  WorldNet's Terms and
Conditions of Service prohibits WorldNet members from sending junk e-mail;
therefore, WorldNet obviously finds it disdainful that spammers from other
ISPs are bouncing their junk mail off WorldNet's mail servers.  We won't
stand for it.

WorldNet is in the final stages of implementing a fix to the relay problem.
Our WorldNet network operations team has spent much time and effort to
eliminate internet spamming via WorldNet's mail system.  The resolution to
the problem is near.

Please know that we are working to put an end to such unwanted, offensive
junk mail.

Regards,
Postmaster

--
        Janet Pippin           *        CyberRamp Internet Services
   Network Administrator      ***           11350 Hillguard Road