Ad Hoc, eDNS, AlterNIC and the bunch

Hank Nussbacher hank at ibm.net.il
Fri Apr 11 05:00:36 UTC 1997

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Karl Denninger wrote:

> > > 			  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > > The IAHC has said they *SIGNED* the documents.
> > >
> > > Intent and action are two different things Perry.
> >
> > Grow up Karl! Hank Nussbacher said as follows:
> >
> >    Of the over 25 signatories (so far), MCI is just one.  UUnet, Digital,
> >    FranceTelecom, EFF, are others that come to mind.
> >
> > Hank is only one member of the IAHC and does not issue official
> > statements.
>
> But he lied.  The EFF has said they *HAVE NOT* signed.  In fact, according
> to the other people involved, *NONE* of those so-called signatories are in
> fact signatories at this point in time.

I made a mistake - I left off the word "intended" before the word
signatories.  Working 14 hour days has its effect.  Nanog will hear no
more from me on this.

> > He's also human and can make mistakes. Maybe since English is not the only
> > language he uses in his daily work, he missed some of the subtlety
> > inherent in the word "signatory".
>
> There is no subtlety in the word "signatory".

> Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
> http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
> 			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
> Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
> Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal

Hank Nussbacher
IAHC member
[the views expressed above belong to the author and do not
necessarily reflect the views of the other IAHC members]