Peering points

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at genuity.net
Sun Apr 6 00:11:12 UTC 1997

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Sean Donelan [SMTP:SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM]
	Sent:	Saturday, April 05, 1997 4:50 PM
	To:	nanog at merit.edu
	Subject:	Re: Peering points

	<snip>

	Heck, I wonder how much congestion could be allievated at
MAE-East by
	people just exchanging traffic via all the places they connect
in common.
	I peer with several providers only at MAE-East, who also have
connections
	elsewhere.  But they've never turned up peering at the other
places.  So
	all the traffic ends up flowing through MAE-East.

Sean,

It seems to me that you're being screwed.....

As far as I remember, every peering agreement we have (even with Sprint
and MCI) says that we agree to peer with each other at *_every_*
location that we are both present at.

Isn't that the right way to do it? Selective peering is almost as bad as
prepending AS's

Rodney Joffe
Chief Plumber
Genuity Inc., a Bechtel company