Best way to deal with bad advertisements?

Peter Galbavy peter at wonderland.org
Sun Sep 29 08:09:18 UTC 1996

> Besides, most of the major providers previously based the bulk of
> their peering 'requirements' on how many DS3s you had.  Now most
> 'major' providers seem to have gone cold turkey.  MCI, Sprint, and
> UUNET told me they won't peer with *anyone* new.

And from my "media learnt" view of US things, I can't wait for the first
anti-trust suite :-)

But seriously, lets face it, DS3's are "cheap" and these people
want more customes no freeloaders. Like us, who are paying $5M+ a
year for a trans-atlantic DS3 and Sprint are very insistant that
we build a US network based on DS3s to peer with them, even with
the obvious fact that we have no US customers and have already paid
for a connection which in reality should be matched by the large
US carriers, rather than taking the piss once you have this
investment. I only mention Sprint, since the others you mention
are a tad more sensible, but still slow, while Sprint are in a
glacier.

Regards,
Peter Galbavy                                           peter at wonderland.org
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465
in Wonderland                              http://www.wonderland.org/~peter/
                               snail://UK/NW1_6LE/London/21_Harewood_Avenue/