Best way to deal with bad advertisements?

Alan Hannan alan at anka.mindvision.com
Sun Sep 29 01:44:03 UTC 1996

  Hi Matt,

> Is there a master list of AS #'s with ROUTING contacts,
> rather than the fuzzy admin type contacts that get
> listed in whois?  Right about now, I'm still searching
> for information myself, but I'll put as much forward as
> I can.

  Obviously there is the AS info at the internic, plus various
  registration entries for various networks in the various RRs.

  One thing that those of us interested (sean at dra,loco/jonh at isi,etc...)
  in inter-provider communication have asked for is a common place
  to air connectivity and routing problems.  Craig Labovitz at Merit is
  doing a darned good job of making this a reality.  Another thing
  we've asked for is a more real time updated contact list.

  However, having just left a company where I was the contact for
  most all routing, I don't see an easy way for my name to be swept
  away.

  So, the answer to your question is not really, but it would be
  nice if there was a more highly utilized central authority for
  such things.

  I liked what chris at nap.net said about self regulation and all.  I
  trust the political types take it to heart.

  -alan