Advice on dealing with Sprint (fwd)

markd at cais.cais.com markd at cais.cais.com
Fri Sep 27 02:22:52 UTC 1996

Jay:

We do this frequently and with a 2501 or a 2514.  It must be a Cisco router
and sometimes will need more memory.  There is NO additional charge for those
reselling IP services at CAIS.  The CAIS service agreement is also a
month to month agreement.  Call me if you would like to find out more.

Mark Dezagottis
CAIS Internet
(703) 448-4470 x417

>Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 21:45:39 +0000
>From: Jay Stewart <cosmo at olywa.net>
>To: Rob Liebschutz <rob at rjl.com>
>Cc: nanog at merit.edu
>Subject: Re: Advice on dealing with Sprint
>
>> I spoke to a sprint salesperson about 2 weeks ago and was told that I
>> could not get any kind of BGP4 peering with Sprint unless I had a
>> Cisco 7000 series router.
>
>This is my experience also, althought I was able to get my sales
>weasel to say that they might except a 45xx series if it had
>sufficient memory, as some "exceptions" had been granted on a "case
>by case" basis.
>
>As a reseller of IP services they will not manage my router for me,
>but said I still had to have a Cisco(tm) router, even if I'm not
>peering BGP.
>

>Jay Stewart
>Vice President
>Olympia Networking Services - "Olympia's Premier Internet Access"
>Phone (360) 753.3636   Fax (360) 357.6160   http://www.olywa.net/

***************************

Mark Dezagottis
CAIS Internet