Advice on dealing with Sprint

Alan Hannan alan at anka.mindvision.com
Thu Sep 26 17:30:13 UTC 1996

> "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
> > Not, you understand, that I think the global routing table should be
> > kept in control,
>
> Obviously that was a typo -- I think everyone agrees that the global
> routing table *must* be kept in control...

  Do they?

  There is a rather large contingency of folks who feel the current
  paradigms of global routing necessitate a table growth explosion.

  Moving away from a BFR to a distributed switching system does have
  merits.  The assumption for this model is that the routing engine
  for the switching systems grows exponentially.

  I don't really buy into this point of view, but it is there...

  -alan

alan at mindvision.com