Advice on dealing with Sprint

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Thu Sep 26 17:37:00 UTC 1996

Joseph Malcolm writes:
> There are many unaccounted for variables here. You certainly don't
> have as many unadvertised more specifics as we do, as much stuff in
> the IGP, etc., etc. Those doing less will get some more breathing
> room, but unless many more people get more more serious about reducing
> global routing tables it won't be too long before 32MB will not be
> enough for anyone.

Not, you understand, that I think the global routing table should be
kept in control, but I find it to be extraordinarily annoying that in
a world where cheap PCs have been able to take 128meg on their
motherboards for years (indeed, many can take far more!) and in which
workstations frequently have 64M of memory in them, there are routers
(many still sold!) which lack the slots to take more than 32M of
memory.

Perry